Scotsman & an English lassy

This is a space where you can let other forum users know who you are and what your coppicing interests and involvements are. If you don't want to reveal too much to the world, a simple "hello" will do!
charlotte.joyce

Scotsman & an English lassy

Postby charlotte.joyce » 18 Feb 2018, 12:31

Hello everyone,
Really great to find this forum and all things living off the grid. I'm Charlotte (the English lassy) and my partner is John from Ayrshire. We're both interested and looking into a different way of life, more rural, frugally and off the grid. Environmentally friendly and a more simple way of living to enjoy life. Not working to live, but living to live!

I can work over the internet and I love being creative - sewing, design, homecooking and John is a carpenter so we know we can do a lot of things ourselves once we find suitable land. That seems to be the hardest part of the search so far, wonder what others thoughts are on that?

We also are not limiting our search to Scotland and would love to find land down my neck of the woods, South England, but the price and availability are off the scale.
We found out about this forum from your 1000 hut programme and reading up and watching some videos about Carbeth. Youtube is a fantastic resource for anyone else starting out their research.

p.s. Also for the admins - you cannot login via a mobile (with the social login connector) but can on a desktop... sorry that's the techy in me.
Look forward to discussions in this group.
Charlotte & John

Return to “Introduce yourself!”