Ben Geyer

This is a space where you can let other forum users know who you are and what your coppicing interests and involvements are. If you don't want to reveal too much to the world, a simple "hello" will do!
bankbio

Ben Geyer

Postby bankbio » 19 Jan 2018, 11:39

Hi folks,

I'm Ben Geyer and I've been coppicing in Scotland since 1994, full time for about 6 years at the start and part-time ever since. I manage 6 acres of mixed hazel coppice in West Fife. This winter I'm felling some wonderful hazel to waste and harvesting the oak for firewood.

In the past I've made hurdles with the hazel and run courses. Looking to the future, I'm wanting to develop the use of willow for bioengineering. I'll be interested to follow what happens here.

RSforum
Site Admin

Re: Ben Geyer

Postby RSforum » 24 Jan 2018, 14:45

Hi Ben

I visited and helped you with a charcoal burn many years ago. Glad to hear you're still making it work.

Cheers

Alan Carter

Amy and Micah

Re: Ben Geyer

Postby Amy and Micah » 24 Jan 2018, 20:50

Hi Ben,
We have been putting some mature (20 years) Hazel in to coppice cycle for the last 4-5years. Approx 50 per year.
We are based in West Lothian.

We would be interested in visiting your wood to see your work if that is possible?

As we are in the middle of the coppicing season just now it might be easier after Easter?

Many thanks
Amy and Micah

Return to “Introduce yourself!”