Startree - all things coppice

This is a space where you can let other forum users know who you are and what your coppicing interests and involvements are. If you don't want to reveal too much to the world, a simple "hello" will do!
Toni D

Startree - all things coppice

Postby Toni D » 31 Oct 2016, 11:30

Hi, I'm Toni and have been working as a researcher on the Startree project for RS. http://www.reforestingscotland.org/proj ... -research/
I used to live in the North West of England and was drawn into the world of coppice whilst there and often wondered when i moved back to Scotland, why is there not a coppice network or association here? Is it because there is little coppice practice happening or use of coppice material being used? - well i'm glad to find out the answer is no! Through my research, meeting with woodlanders and weavers, and the creation of this forum, i'm happy to know that there are a good number of coppicers, working coppice woodlands and coppice crafters in Scotland. They are spread across the country but now through the forum there is a place for discussion and strengthening of the network. I look forward to discovering more about who is doing what, where and hopefully visit some coppice woodlands and help with some coppicing.

donald.mcphillimy

Re: Startree - all things coppice

Postby donald.mcphillimy » 02 Nov 2016, 12:22

Hi Toni, welcome to the Forum. I'm hoping this will be a good place to share ideas and knowledge.

Return to “Introduce yourself!”