New to Hutting

This is a space where you can let other forum users know who you are and what your hutting interests and involvements are. If you don't want to reveal too much to the world, a simple "hello" will do!
TimMcC

New to Hutting

Postby TimMcC » 29 Nov 2016, 08:25

Hi, I'm Tim - stumbled on Refor Scot a few weeks ago and have kept an interested eye on the facebook account and now even keener to keep in touch with the forum. My background is in masterplaning/landscape architecture, I've spent nearly 30 years trying to get planning consent for other people. I now think it's time to sort something out for myself. My focus at this stage is on the planning/permissions stage, then if successful attempt a first 'off grid' eco holiday cabin. Just acquired a large plot up the west coast (includes 2km of coastline) so now desperate to make something happen. Live in the Borders, but keen to get a foothold in other parts of Scotland. The grand plan (once I've secured my own piece of heaven) is to possibly acquire more land and open the experience up to others. Great forum, keep it up.

donald.mcphillimy

Re: New to Hutting

Postby donald.mcphillimy » 08 Dec 2016, 12:08

Hi Tim, I live in the Borders too, in Earlston. Sounds like you've got yourself a good site on the west coast. Have you come across our New Hutting Developments booklet yet? Available ofn the Thousand Huts website. It tackles some of the key planning issues. We're trying to get some funding to be able to support people like yourself. Any questions, fire them to us and we'll do our best to help. Likely to get a faster response on Facebook or by direct Email. Donald

Return to “Introduce Yourself”