newbie intro

This is a space where you can let other forum users know who you are and what your hutting interests and involvements are. If you don't want to reveal too much to the world, a simple "hello" will do!
morticia

newbie intro

Postby morticia » 30 Dec 2016, 13:41

Hey folks! I have really enjoyed reading the introductions and am thoroughly daunted by the vast amount of posts on so many topics! Basically, I've never built a structure except for the one in a straw bale building course I took. I have big dreams and no land, low income and no loan, not even from the Ecology Building Society (who would possibly be a good source for some of you who have good, long term steady income). I want to build off-the-grid eco cottages to offer this way of green, low impact living up to the general public and earn a living at the same time; I want to build a home for my children and I, and we wouldn't be opposed to a few huts that we could build near each other to create our mini village. I just need to find the land! Currently based in Stirling, was hoping to find land near here, but am also sensing a longing for the sea... I am also a volunteer with Woodcraft Folk Scotland and had an idea to build a hut with Venturers for Woodcraft use...

Return to “Introduce Yourself”