Hutters United! meetings

For general discussion relating to the Thousand Huts campaign and hutting.
jennifer.miller

Hutters United! meetings

Postby jennifer.miller » 02 Nov 2016, 15:32

Hi everyone,

This new group will meet once a month in a private room at a popular bar on Leith Walk.

At the moment its just a free, informal group for hutters and would-be hutters to come together and have a blether but it can become anything its members suggest (within reason!) Could include guest speakers, visits etc.

If you can make it to the first meeting on Monday Nov 14th at 7.30pm then it will be great to see you there.

Perhaps other Meetups will spring up around the country. Feel free to use the name if you like it. Just add your town/city/region to differentiate.

Find out more at: www.meetup.com/Edinburgh-Hutters-United/

Jennifer M

stan.davies

Re: Hutters United! A get together in Edinburgh.

Postby stan.davies » 05 Nov 2016, 12:24

Well Done Jennifer.. Hope more 'Groups'can create similar. Stan

jennifer.miller

Re: Hutters United! A get together in Edinburgh.

Postby jennifer.miller » 14 Nov 2016, 12:00

Hi everyone! Looking forward to meeting folk at our very first meeting of 'Hutters United! Edinburgh'. TONIGHT!!! (Mon Nov 14th).

Check out the details when you join at: www.meetup.com/Edinburgh-Hutters-United/

See you there! :D

jennifer.miller

'Hutters Untied! Edinburgh - TONIGHT!!!

Postby jennifer.miller » 06 Jan 2017, 12:02

Hi everyone!

Looking forward to meeting folk at our very first meeting of 'Hutters United! Edinburgh'. TONIGHT!!! (Mon Nov 14th).

Check out the details when you join at: www.meetup.com/Edinburgh-Hutters-United/

See you there! :D

jennifer.miller

Date change for this week's meeting!

Postby jennifer.miller » 07 Jan 2017, 08:38

Sorry about this but our venue is closing on Monday's in January.

Its very short notice I know but I hope everyone can make the alternative:
Tues 10th January.

Hope to see you there as there is plenty to talk about.

ffi: www.meetup.com/Edinburgh-Hutters-United

jennifer.miller

Re: Date change for this week's meeting!

Postby jennifer.miller » 10 Jan 2017, 10:17

ANNOUNCEMENT: Tonight's meeting is unfortunately cancelled.

Due to illness and the change of day participants have opted to wait until February's meeting.

PS Would anyone find a daytime meet up helpful? Any takers? We can certainly have both.

stan.davies

Re: Hutters United! meetings

Postby stan.davies » 16 Jan 2017, 14:19

Hi Jennifer, I would like to participate, daytime would be much easier for me.. .................................. I've still got some work to do on my Hut. Unfortunately when over in November I found it has 'broken it's back' Old age !. I need to get pals over to help to replace the main floor beam before 'Spring' hits.. and fix the other stuff.. toilet etc. !!..
Hope to meet you soonest...

Stan

jennifer.miller

Postby jennifer.miller » 16 Jan 2017, 16:45

Thanks Stan. Lets wait and see who else is interested in a daytime meet up and then I'll certainly arrange one. Watch this space!

jennifer.miller

Next meeting of Hutters United! Edinburgh Feb 21st

Postby jennifer.miller » 18 Feb 2017, 16:53

The next meeting is of Hutters United! Edinburgh is on Tuesday 21st Feb at 7.30pm in a cosy room behind a bar on Leith Walk.
More info and to join: https://www.meetup.com/Edinburgh-Hutters-United/
We now have 43 members which is great however gatherings have all been in single figures so far. IThis may be due to the dark, cold nights but if you have any suggestions that would make it easier or more appealing for you to drop by please let me know. I am willing to add a monthly daytime meeting if that helps anyone. All constructive criticism is welcome. I'll take note of everything you say and make adjustments accordingly.
The room is free (on Mon-Wed but not Monday nights in midwinter) but the manager does expect there will be some drinks bought (alcohol/tea/coffee/herb teas/soft drinks are available) and maybe even food consumed neither of which has happened yet. (They cater for veggies and vegans as well as omnivores.) Would anyone like to meet at 6.30 for a meal before the meeting?
Now the nights are brighter I'm hoping to meet more of you. Discussions are always lively and interesting. Laughing is encouraged as is forming new friendships.

stan.davies

Postby stan.davies » 20 Feb 2017, 14:10

Hi Jennifer, Daytimes would suit me better but happy to support Evening meet when I can, particularly if there are is anyone wishing to 'pick my brains'.. or what's left of them !.. about 'Hut life'. I'm not into 'planning regs' etc. in any way (being a squatter!) and 'new' land purchase is beyond my interest too, except possibly as part of a 'Group' effort. I'll support any Group in any way I can.
Stan.

Return to “General Discussion”