- How much are people paying for a site? I've seen one of the site here saying the annual rent was £1500.
Is that low/normal/high
- What amenities do people expect from a site, so if I go looking should I just expect a plot of land or other features?
- How much land do you get? I see that a huts living space can't be more than 30m^2.
- If you are only allowed 30m^2 for living area is that just base footprint? What if I built a hut with a ground and 1st floor?
- This leads on to planning permission. I read that new laws make it easier, but this is perhaps the biggest issue. What if I buy a cheap bit of land, how do I know if I'll be able to build or not. Is there a way to find out limitations (per council area?) that you can/cannot do
- I'm also curious how popular it is, so if I found a chunk of land, is there a way to cooperate with other like minded individuals and split costs etc. So I suppose where do people wish to build (my guess would be close, but not too close to the central belt)?
So yeah a few questions and others in my head. Looking for some starter advice.
I'd be interested in that as well. I think that you can find out about building limitations by contacting the mayor of the nearest town or village, but that's all I can bring to the discussion...
Oh, and regarding the living space, there's a recent trend in mini-houses with spaces that go as low as 9 square meters with all of the indispensable amenities inside, so I guess that 30 gives you some leeway! And even if you aren't allowed to do a 2 floor hut, it's still possible to have a mezzanine where you can put a bed or that you can use as a storage space.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests