Every six months throughout the 4-year StarTree Project, representatives of each partner organisation met for a General Assembly meeting, starting in November 2012 with the Kick-off Meeting, and ending in October 2016 with the Wild Forest Products conference.
For the majority of each meeting we simply met for workshops and presentations in a functional, usually urban meeting venue in the host partner’s country. The venues were varied, and sometimes gorgeous, but these working meetings provided only the driest and most theoretical of links to the forests of Europe and their products.
But during most of those meetings, we were also taken out for a day to experience something of the woodland products of our host country. These days were the “Knowledge Exchange Events”.
The Reforesting Scotland Journal is published once every six months, so an article on the latest meeting or KEE was commissioned for each Journal issue from 47 through to 55. These articles are listed below, along with links to other items for each event, such as news items on the StarTree project website.
- Cork, nuts and resin: Portugal’s long view of non-wood forest products (Reforesting Scotland Journal)
- StarTree partners visit Cork Capital Coruche (StarTree project website)
- StarTree in Italy (Reforesting Scotland Journal)
- Stakeholder impressions of the StarTree General Assembly (StarTree project website)
November 2015, rural Germany
- A StarTree retreat in Germany (Reforesting Scotland Journal)
- StarTree 7th General Assembly focused on the final stages of the project (StarTree project website)
- Wild Forest Products in Europe – StarTree project final conference (StarTree project website)
- Issue 55 of the Reforesting Scotland Journal was themed ‘Wild Harvests‘, in celebration of the successful conclusion of the StarTree project. It includes content drawn from the final conference, and written by StarTree colleagues. (Reforesting Scotland Journal)