Reforesting Scotland is its members, and one of the most important things it does is to give them opportunities to communicate and collaborate with each other.
Meeting other members
The best opportunity to meet RS members is at the Annual Gathering. From time to time we also have local days where members take a tour of interesting projects in their local area. Any member can offer to run a local day – contact the office for advice and support on how to do this.
The Radical Rowan newsletter
The Radical Rowan is a newsletter by and for RS members, keeping each other up to date with RS projects and RS-related projects we’re involved with. Email if you have material to offer for the next issue or if you can help with collating, editing or layout.
- The RS members’ e-group – a discussion area for Reforesting Scotland members. Email the office if you are a paid-up RS member and would like to be added to the group.
- Reforesting Scotland Facebook group
- The Thousand Huts Campaign and Rewilding Scotland Facebook groups.
- Twitter: @ReforestingScot
- Reforesting Scotland Flickr group – share your images of a reforested Scotland.
- – and this website, which was created using WordPress to allow members and staff to update and edit it collectively. Email if you would like to be part of this.
Voting at the AGM
The AGM – held each year during the Annual Gathering – gives Reforesting Scotland members an annual opportunity to review how the organisation is running and what it is doing. It is at the AGM that the charity’s directors are appointed for the coming year. If you are an RS member and would like to serve as a director, get in touch before the Annual Gathering.
To find out more about procedures, download the Reforesting Scotland constitution here, or get in touch with the RS office.
Other ways of being involved
Depending on your time, energy, talents and inclination, there are many ways to help Reforesting Scotland! You could arrange for the RS display – or the Forest Garden display – to be on show at a local venue or event. You could simply distribute a few RS leaflets, or help to distribute the Journal. If you’re a public speaker, there’s a Reforesting Scotland powerpoint slideshow which you could use to tell people about RS.
Everything Reforesting Scotland is and does happens because its members make it happen. If you think something is missing from current activities, maybe you’re just the right person to add it to the mix!