There is an inevitable tension between our vision of Scottish uplands restored to forest, and the existing Victorian tradition of large hunting estates, with big populations of deer maintained for shooting. This has led to some memorable and lively discussions right from the beginnings of Reforesting Scotland, and continues to do so, especially in the pages of the Reforesting Scotland Journal and during our Annual Gatherings.
Deer management updates:
- Why are deer dying in Scotland’s hills?
- Reforesting Scotland Journal 52
- Annual Gathering 2015 – Assynt
- Action: Sustainable deer management
- Scottish Parliament reviews deer policy
- Reforesting Scotland Journal 46